Monday, July 5, 2010

So He Came



Well it's been five weeks since my last blog and our son is now five weeks old. If the lapse between posts can give you any indication of what my life has been like since, then you get the point. Luke Christopher was born on May 29 at 12:55 pm. Thankfully he didn't come in the middle of the night like Aubrey but he did keep Mommy up for two nights with contractions before he finally decided it was time to meet the world. He was 8 lbs 4 oz. If I would have known that beforehand I might have rethought the whole no drugs thing. But all went well and now Christopher and I have the two most beautiful kids in the world. Yes, everyone else. My kids are cuter than yours!

Each time I have a child I grow a deeper respect and appreciation for my mother. She had three of us starting with my brother Zachary who let me tell you if I would have had him first I would have stopped! I don't know how she did it nor any other mother for that fact. I have learned to just take one day (sometimes minute!) at a time. When Aubrey was born I was completely overwhelmed. Not only did have this tiny create to figure out how to care for, but I also started a new job 10 days postpartum. I have learned to relax more with Luke (thanks to maternity leave) and enjoy the moment because they do grow so fast. I look at Aubrey sometimes in amazement that my little 6 lb baby is now a rambling toddler.

So I was a little worried about if I could love Luke as much as I love Aubrey. I mean I LOVE Aubrey to pieces. Sometimes I just want to squeeze her so tight and never let go. How can you muster up that much love for another person? Someone once told me that having a child fills a hole in your heart that you didn't know you had. Christopher said our hearts must be like the Grinch's. It just keeps growing and growing. I look at our little man and cannot believe God has deemed me fit to raise another one of his precious children.

So life around here has been crazy. We laugh daily, cry daily (well that's mostly me, hormones remember?) and give thanks each day for our kids.

1 comment: